Monday 7 November 2016

CoverGirl has done it again...

 

They've done it again! Last month we told you that CoverGirl had named beauty vlogger James Charles as their first male ambassador as a nod to the fact that men wear make-up too. And now they've announced another beauty blogger and proud Muslim and hijab wearer, Nura Afia as their newest face.

With over 200,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel, the blogger posts videos dedicated to cool ways to style a hijab. As one of the first women to appear in cosmetic campaign wearing a hijab, she hopes the campaign will "show Muslim women that brands care about us as consumers and we're important, especially hijabis."

"I never thought I would see Muslim women represented on such a large scale." One of the main reasons why she started vlogging was to create more awareness around women who wear hijabs; "I wanted to show people that I can still be married and a mom and do whatever the hell I want - my scarf isn't going to stop me."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment